A fabulous wedding doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. With a little more time and a dash of creativity, you can plan the wedding of your dreams while staying within your budget. The Internet is full of wedding ideas on a budget, but these are some of our favorites:
1) Invitations: Designing your own invitations is easier than ever. If you’re artistic and technology savvy, you can create yours from scratch or you can browse through low-cost templates online. You can also choose to print them from home or contact a local printer who may be able to offer you lower prices than some of the big-name companies. Envelopes, ribbons, and other paper details can be purchased for a lower cost at party or craft supply stores.
2) Venue: Don’t feel restricted to hosting your wedding at a ballroom or banquet hall (although some offer affordable rates and great packages!) Nowadays, couples are choosing to host their wedding in a variety of places. Park, backyards, and beachfront weddings are a popular option for those looking to save a little cash. Any place can be turned into a wedding wonderland!
3) Flowers: Fresh flowers are beautiful, but they can be costly. If you’re adamant about having flowers at your wedding research low cost flowers and try to find an online wholesaler. Flowers in-season will also cost you less. You can also choose to have simpler arrangements or incorporate more greenery into your wedding; leaves can be just as beautiful if arranged correctly! Search for non-traditional bouquets, too! You might find a fun and creative way to represent your wedding’s theme without the use of flowers.
4) Centerpieces/Favors: Make your own! This is a great way to give your wedding a truly personal touch, without overspending. When it comes to centerpieces and wedding favors, the possibilities are endless; chocolate bars wrapped with monogrammed labels, chalkboards framed with facts about the couple, printed photos of your relationship scattered throughout, fanciful buttons, decoupage candles, etc!
5) Get your friends involved! Most likely, your guests you will want to help you make sure you get the wedding of your dreams. When beginning the planning process, ask around to see if any of your friends, family members, or other guests can help you in any aspect. Maybe you have a relative who is a great graphic designer and can help you with the invitations? Or a friend in a fantastic band who will provide live entertainment? You can also ask friends to lend a helping hand when putting together favors and invitations. Order some pizza, break out the wine, and make it a fun, crafty night!
Many wedding planners and caterers, like Eden Ballroom & Catering, also offer affordable services. You may find that there are some aspects of your wedding that you’d like to do yourself, while there are others that you’d rather have professionals handle, like catering. If you enjoyed reading about our wedding ideas on a budget and would like to see how Eden Ballroom & Catering can help you plan and cater your budget wedding, please give us a call at (954) 922-3344. We look forward to hearing from you!